Europe Updates

Discussion of steamlocomotive.info, its shortcomings, flaws, features. Suggestions for improvement are welcomed as are problem reports, including spelling errors, missing images, etc.
Steve Frost

Europe Updates

Postby Steve Frost » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:00 pm

Making progress on updating loco details in European countries from information from contributors. Quite a lot of new information on Italian locos has been added with a little still to do. Some new photos in Moldova and Luxembourg too.

The Netherlands comes next.

Steve Frost

Re: Europe Updates

Postby Steve Frost » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:11 pm

OK, Netherlands done with the help of some additional information from several contributors. Thanks for that. Some new photos have been added which you can see in the 'What's New' section.

Some updates on Norway have been made, too so next I will work on Portugal.

Steve Frost

Postby Steve Frost » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Got Portugal and Slovakia done. There's some new additions there and plenty of updates on loco's details too. Next stop is Slovenia then a move north to Sweden. It's slow progress but we seem to be getting there.

Steve Frost

Postby Steve Frost » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:38 am

OK, Slovenian updates have been processed. I am looking at Spain next. Quite a lot to do there so no time for relaxing on one of the Costas!

Steve Frost

Postby Steve Frost » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:10 pm

Spain amendments mow completed, It really is Sweden next, then Switzerland. After that, I'll slow down somewhat, unless the level of notes activity doesn't subside!

Steve Frost

Postby Steve Frost » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:20 pm

Just Switzerland to edit now. Had a bit of a break and caught up on the notes on the site.

Steve Frost

Postby Steve Frost » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:17 pm

Switzerland updates completed except one where there's a technical issue to resolve. I've informed the webmaster and await resolution.

Steve Frost

Postby Steve Frost » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Concentrating on dealing with a slew of additional information from contributors in the notes section. I am grateful for all the notes as it adds so much to our website and keeps it up to date and hopefully more accurate. If we haven't responded to a note, maybe we're working on something else.

I've got a long list of updates on Russian locos to deal with and, politics and military actions notwithstanding, I hope to do something with that in the next week or so.

Steve Frost

Postby Steve Frost » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:43 pm

A large number of notes have been posted with the histories of the locos, mainly in Europe. I have tried to keep abreast of them and set up Ownership Histories for many of them.

A contributor pointed out that the German locomotive builder Linke - Hofmann was mis-spelt with an extra 'f'. I have been through all the locos on the site and amended the builder name.....I hope. If I've missed any, either tell me here or submit a note!

Return to “Our Website”